Grading Methodology For Used Parts
Cosmetic Grading Of Exterior-Facing Parts
Our grading criteria for our exterior facing parts is famously strict, and our aim is to leave you pleasantly surprised with the cosmetic condition of the item you receive;
Only exterior-facing parts are graded, and any surfaces that will not be seen once the part is installed; i.e. the inside of a topcase for example, are disregarded for grading purposes. The functionality of an item is also disregarded when grading an item's cosmetic condition, and all items, regardless of cosmetic grade, are fully functional.
Cosmetic condition is categorized into Grade A, Grade B, and Grade C:
- Grade A: “Very Good” Minor scratches, scuffs, and/or chips. No dents.
- Grade B: “Good” Moderate scratches, scuffs, and/or chips. Minor dents.
- Grade C: “Acceptable” Major scratches, scuffs, dents, ect.
- A+ -> 96-100% battery capacity
- A -> 90%-95% battery capacity
- B -> 80%-89% battery capacity
- C -> 70%-79% battery capacity
Batteries are assigned grades based on the maximum charge the battery will hold (in milliampere hours (mAh)) when compared to a new battery of the same type.
Here is the grading scale we use for batteries: